Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Peter E. C. Dashwood wrote:
<snip>
> I believe the role of COBOL will become more and more as maintenance for
> existing legacy code and (certainly in my personal case) for the development
> of Business components. I can't see major systems development being
> undertaken in COBOL, or any other procedural language, in the
> not-too-distant future.
>
> That is how I perceive it at the moment. It may change. Meantime, I would
> urge all of you who make a living out of COBOL to expand your skill set.
>
> Pete.

Yes, I agree.  I went through a VB learning phase. Now I am
trying to get my brain around Visual C++ and XML.  There are
so many "flavors of the month" that it is hard to keep up.
Worse is the job situation around here where, if there are
any jobs, they are asking for "the sun, the moon and the
stars" but if you only have "the sun and the moon", well,
they can wait for the one who can walk on water, and those
of us who can swim in anything are out of luck.